Amazing Steps to Fix TurboTax Error Code 70001
TurboTax is one such tax preparation tool used to operate for filing tax returns online. Users have also allowed this software to check the e-file status making it one of the best among others. However, some of its users are complaining about some of the error codes related to the TurboTax – such as TurboTax Error Code 70001 and TurboTax Error Code 1305. Yet, the former one is the most common than the latter one.
So, here we will provide you how to tackle the error code 1305 while you operate your favorite TurboTax tool. But before that, you need to know some of the causes of getting an error code 70001.
Causes Of TurboTax Error Code 70001
- You might get this error code if your Windows registry might be corrupted from a recent TurboTax related software modification due to installation or uninstallation.
- The cause may occur if you downloaded the TurboTax software from a corrupted third party or the installation process was incomplete.
- If your Windows system files have been corrupted by a Virus or malware infection related to TurboTax.
- A software might have deleted TurboTax related files either maliciously or by an accident.
Methods to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error Code 70001
Method 1: Troubleshoot the Modem and Router
- The first step you need to do is to reset your wireless access point and then try doing sign in to your TurboTax account.
- If the above steps did not help and still you are getting the error you want to get rid of, then you must do the following tasks one after another.
- Turn off your computer,
- Then your router, and
- After that, your cable modem sequentially.
- After a while, turn your modem back on.
- Then, turn your router back on.
- Once your modem and router turned back on, turn on your system now.
- After that, try to log in as a computer administrator.
- Now, disable all running programs, including virus protection and firewall programs from the task manager for the time being. You should remember that, after the error being disappeared, you must re-enable the security program for your system’s security concern.
Method 2: Back up in the Registry Editor
- Firstly, Go to the Start option.
- Then, type the “Command” in the search box. There, you will find the Command Prompt option above all searches.
- Next, right-click on it and select Run as administrator. A black window will pop-up with a blinking cursor.
- Now, type in “Regedit” and press the Enter key.
- Then, choose the error 70001 related key that you would like to back up in the Registry Editor.
- After that, you will have to choose the Export option from the file menu.
- Now, navigate to the Save in list and pick the folder where you would like to save the TurboTax backup key.
- Then, enter a name for your back up file, such as TurboTax Backup in the File Name box.
- Make sure that, the Selected branch has been chosen in the Export Range box.
- Then, you will have to click on the Save option.
- After that, the file with a .reg file extension will be saved.
- In the end, you will possess a back up of your TurboTax related registry entry.
After following the above methods, your issue with the error code will surely be sorted out.
If you are not able to resolve this error issue on your own, you must contact our TurboTax Customer Care Phone Number. Our technical experts with having expertise are always available 24/7 in order to resolve all sorts of issues.